Musings of Glitter: Surviving The Heat - Summer Updo

Monday, May 16, 2016

Surviving The Heat - Summer Updo

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StyleByGoody #CollectiveBias

I teamed up with my friends over at Goody to bring you all a hairstyle tutorial today! If you're like me, you've got TONS of summer weddings coming up. And if the current weather trend continues, it is going to be seriously hot this summer. So I decided to share my favorite summer updo with y'all!




This look is super simply to do - but you will need a few things! I picked all of mine up at my local Walgreens (who just so happen to be running a BOGO "buy one get one" offer - it's a win win! Offer valid from 5/1 - 6/4)

1. Good Clean Radiance Brush - the base to any hairstyle is smooth, untangled hair and this brush does the trick! It has copper bristles which reduce buildup and leaves hair healthy and shiny.

2. Goody SlideProof Silicon Clear Ponytailers (they come in a pack of 30) - these are perfect because they're thicker than most clear elastics so they securely hold your hair but still aren't very noticable.

3. Goody Simple Styles Hair Spin Pin (they come in packs of 2) - I just used these for the first time and seriously, they each do the work of 20 bobby pins!

4. Your favorite hairspray!


First step is to thoroughly brush out your hair. Make sure you don't have any tangles! I went through and straightened my roots to make sure I have a nice smooth base before I start. But this style would look gorgeous with curly hair as well! And if you want to add any extra volume - now is the time to get out that teasing comb!


After all of your tangles are out, gather your hair to the side you want your bun on (you could even do this in the back) and start a normal 3-strand braid.


Braid all the way down and then secure with one of the clear ponytailers.


Once tied off, go through and loosen a braid the bit. The more you pull - the messier your bun will get! I typically pull mine out quite a bit to make it as thick as possible.


Once you have it loosened to your liking, simply roll the braid up and under.


Once you've reached the base of your head, use the spin pins to secure the bun. Finish it off with some hairspray!


And that's it! Heat-proof for all those summer events coming up and it literally takes less than 10 minutes!




You can even add a flower crown or whatever embellishments your heart desires! You can find all of the products I used here.

No comments:

Post a Comment