Musings of Glitter: How to Style a Button-Up for Summer

Friday, May 12, 2017

How to Style a Button-Up for Summer






Today, I'm showing y'all my favorite way to transition button-ups into spring and summer. I love layering them over a cute dress or a romper! In this case, I grabbed by favorite chambray romper as a base. Chambray (or any denim) is the perfect base for any outfit because it's a great neutral without having to go for the traditional black and white. Then I grabbed my newest button-up from my friends over at Evy's Tree - it's the prettiest floral print making it perfect for warmer weather! When I'm wearing it over a dress/romper, I typically tie it up! The tricky part is tying it. It took me a while to get this down. I first button up one or two buttons at the level of my waist and leave the bottom few buttons and the top few buttons open. Then I fold the back of the top up and under to the level I want it, then grab the front ends and tie a knot! 

Hopefully that made sense - it's hard to put into writing! But if y'all have any questions, shoot me a DM on Instagram! AND Evy's Tree is having a Mother's Day sale, so grab this shirt while you can! Happy styling!

xoxo


romper (similar)

headscarf (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment