Musings of Glitter: Aesthetica Cosmetics

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Aesthetica Cosmetics



Getting up close and personal today because I’m reviewing the Aesthetica Cosmetics Contour Palette. I’m a huge fan of contouring (because it seriously shaves 10 lbs off your face, I’m not joking), but it’s hard to find a shade that looks natural. Contouring mimics the natural shadows on your face, so you need to use a color that is one to two shades darker than your skin tone with a slightly grey/muddy undertone. It also needs to be COMPLETELY matte or you’ll just look like you have a weird shimmery line on your face. But as I said earlier, it’s SO hard to find your perfect contour shade.
When Aesthetica offered to send me one of their contour palettes, I was so excited to give it a try! I quickly fell in love with this palette because there are a variety of shades that you can mix to get your perfect color. It also includes a few highlighter shades to accentuate your cheekbones. I know the shades are slightly distorted in my picture, but check out their website to get a more accurate idea! I’m not sure this palette will work for those of you with really dark skin, I would say this is geared towards fair - medium skin tones. And for those of you wondering, yes, this palette is also almost IDENTICAL to the Anastasia contour palette, but this one is $10 cheaper! It’s still a little pricey at $30, but I contour my face daily (cheek and nose) so for me it would totally be worth the investment. I’ll definitely be buying replacement pans once mine run out! If you’re a makeup junkie like me, you definitely need this palette in your collection! Shop it below!

No comments:

Post a Comment