Musings of Glitter: How to Style Summer Layers

Monday, June 5, 2017

How to Style Summer Layers









Spring/summer can be tricky down here in Arkansas. One day is 90 degrees and the next its back in the 60's. So it's important to always have layers on hand! But if you're at all like me, you may find summer layers slightly tricky. You want to still look summery, but have enough fabric to keep you warm! So I teamed up with my friends over at Ellison Apparel to show you how I tackle summer layers! 

The key when styling layers in the summer is to keep it light. Both light fabric and light colors. I'm a huge fan of pastels, because they work perfectly for summer and are typically neutral enough to wear with just about anything! This pale pink suede moto jacket is the perfect piece! Now like I said earlier, Arkansas can go from hot to chilly in a second, so when I'm wearing layers, I like to have on something sleeveless under so if I start to get hot I can take off my jacket and cool down quickly! This striped high neck top was the perfect pair. Plus, y'all know I can never have enough stripes in my wardrobe. These little black pants pulled the entire look together! I love these because they're the perfect crop length. AND I'm super excited because they're a nice fabric, so I can wear them to work - but they have an elastic waistband! Such a score because that makes them super comfy so I can crawl around on the floor with all my speech therapy kiddos and be good to go!

So hopefully this will help y'all with summer layers! Remember the key is to keep it light! But when in doubt, you can always grab a good jean jacket as well! You can shop this entire look over at Ellison Apparel!

xoxo

{ps - here are the SKUs for the items I styled: 
Striped top:  TT-7609-6
Jacket: RJ-1593-6
Pants:RP-1818-6}

No comments:

Post a Comment