Musings of Glitter: Mad about Plaid

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Mad about Plaid











Oooo, y'all. This coat has officially stolen my heart (and it helps that I worked with two amaze photographers on this shoot - their sites are linked under the photos). It has been crazy cold here in Nashville this past week which means that I've had 4 glorious snow days, but have been wearing a ridiculous amount of layers. It's hard to look fashionable when you feel like a marshmallow, but alas, this coat is the perfect solution! It's super thick and heavy, which was surprising considering the price point (under $100), and this plaid print is even more stunning in person. The print makes a bold statement, so I layered it over a fairly simple outfit to keep the focus on the coat. But I couldn't resist a little pattern play, so I finished the look with a fun leopard bootie.

Most of the coats I've invested in have been simple - either gray or black. And although I highly suggest having a few staples in your closet, I have to admit...this coat makes me feel so chic. I would have never thought to add a statement coat to my wardrobe but I am SO glad I did. It adds an element of fun to every outfit and is yet still so versatile. Dress it up, dress it down, keep it simple, or add layer various patterns to spice it up. I can't wait to wear this coat all winter long!

Shop this look below. And check out Micahla and Maria!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment