Musings of Glitter: Accent Dresses

Monday, January 22, 2018

Accent Dresses








So I'm going to start off with some sad news - this dress is sold out online. But, if you check your local Dillards, they may still have it in stock (it's Gianni Bini). But here comes the good news....I've found several similar options and some new favorites for you!

I've been into intricate detailing this year. Whether it be embroidery, beading, sequins or metallic accents - I love them all. And with winter weddings, galas, masquerades and social parties - I've been stocking up on some new dresses! 

The key to wearing dresses with lots of detailing is to keep the accessories simple. If you're going to wear jewelry, I'd limit it to earrings. It's hard to wear a necklace with these dresses because it distracts from the beautiful details of the dress and adds unnecessary sparkle (gasp! I know...never thought you'd hear me say those words). It's also difficult to wear a bracelet. I've learned this from personal experience. If you've got any beading/sequins, a bracelet can easily catch and snag the dress. So unless it's super smooth - I'd leave it at home!

Hair and makeup really just depend on the dress - so imagine away! I'm always a fan of simple curls and a bold lip.

You can shop some of my picks below!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment