Musings of Glitter: Canadian Tuxedo Edition

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Canadian Tuxedo Edition






 

Doing my own version of the Canadian Tuxedo today. Denim on denim can be a risky move in my book - but it's super cute when done right. Here are a few of my denim tips:

1. Style different shades of denim. I never wear multiple pieces of denim that are the same color - layer light and dark denim for more dimension.

2. Embrace the current trends. Adding in a few trends can make just about anything look more fashion forward - in this case, I went for the braided pigtails and chokers. This dainty layering choker is so on trend from the lovely Laci and Gold! She has so many cute pieces in her Etsy shop!

3. Accessorize to break up the denim. I added some dainty gold jewelry and a fun hat with a chambray accent to add some diversity.

4. Invest in a good denim dress. I wear my denim dresses all the time. Because no matter what season, they're always in style. I can wear them on their own, with a jacket or vest, with tights and boots - the list goes on! I love this one from J.Jill because it's crazy comfy - but definitely size down one because it runs a little big.

So go forth and style your denim hearts out!

xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment