Musings of Glitter: Rainy Day Wear

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Rainy Day Wear








I know the saying is "April showers bring May flowers"....but this summer has been WAY rainier than spring! I feel like we're under a severe thunderstorm watch every other weekend. And I've found out that it's extremely difficult to look cute when it's pouring outside. But, as I've recently had a LOT of practice, I'm here to share my secrets.

1. First of all, never wear your hair down. Trust me - no matter how many serums you use, it's gonna look like a hot mess in a matter of 15 minutes. So my solution to get all of my hair up and off of my face is milkmaid braids. It's the easiest hairstyle and it's sure to tame all those little flyways. Just braid your hair into two pigtails and wrap them up/pin them in place.

2. Wear cute rain boots. Enough said.

3. Find a cute raincoat. This is easier said then done. But never fear - I've done the hard work for you! This rain cape is adorable and comes in three different colors! You can find it, along with other fantastic rain day goodies over at Totes! It also has snaps on the sides, so you can keep them together to create sleeves, or unbutton them for a true cape. Plus it has a hood, which is a must have for me.

4. Top it off with the correct accessories. I always wear my Daniel Wellington watch because it's water resistant (keep in mind, this is water resistant for things like rain - not so much for swimming or showering!). I love their watches because they're well made and so classic. My Daniel Wellington watch goes with every outfit! And you can use code MUSINGSOFGLITTER for 15% off here!

5. Last but certainly not least. Get a fashionable umbrella. Let me tell you - Totes has all of the umbrellas your heart could possible desire. You can find all of their umbrellas (including my cute gingham one) here! Between the umbrella and rain cape - you're equipped for any storm headed your way!

Sending you all dry, warm thoughts. Shop this look below!

xoxo



watch (use code MUSINGSOFGLITTER for 15% off)

rainboots (similar)


No comments:

Post a Comment