Musings of Glitter: Go-To Summer Makeup with essence

Monday, July 25, 2016

Go-To Summer Makeup with essence

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #essenceEssentials #essenceAtTarget #CollectiveBias



I teamed up with essence at Target to bring you all my go-to summer makeup look. I love a good bronze cat eye and a pink lip! So if you want to see how I created this look, check it out below!


First, I headed to Target to pick up a few of my favorite essence products. If y'all haven't used essence before, you are missing out! They have incredibly high quality products and prices that will make your jaw drop. So affordable! If you can't pick up these items at your local Target - you can check them out here!



Products Used:
1. All About Eyeshadow Palette in Bronze ($5.49) which is SERIOUSLY pigmented, and has the perfect amount of shimmer. It has a variety of colors, so it works well on any skin tone. 
2. I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara ($4.99) - which has quickly become my new favorite mascara. This mascara does exactly what is in it's name, like...serious lashes. 
3. Blush Up! Powder Blush ($3.99) in this gorgeous ombre pink.
4. Eyeliner Pen Waterproof ($2.99) - super easy to use, and you can't beat the price. 
5. Longlasting Lipstick in Get the Look! ($2.99) which is the perfect "mod" pink.


I already went ahead and applied my foundation, concealer and powder - so we can move straight to the eyes! First thing I do is use a small piece of tape (put it on the back of your hand before you put it on your eye) and line it up from the lower lashline up to the end of your eyebrow. This creates the perfect outline for any cat eye.


Then you can start in on the shadow. I used the color on the bottom row (3rd from the left) and worked that through the outer corner and into the crease. I also used the darkest shade (bottom row, 4th from the left) to define the outer crease in a triangular shape. Finally I mixed the first shade on each row to create a light highlight to put in the inner corner and under the brow.


Once you have the color built up to your desired level of smokiness - you can take the tape off. I then use the line we created with the shadow and draw a little cat eye. After the flick is done, I line the rest of the eye. (PS - this eyeliner comes in marker form, so it is SO easy to use).


Then add on loads of mascara. The best thing about this mascara is that you really only need 2 coats to get lashes that are crazy long (seriously, they looked better than falsies!).


And last but certainly not least - add in some pink! I mixed the two shades in the blush and generously applied that to my cheekbones. And finally I topped the look off with that gorgeous pink lipstick! I also put on a bit of essence Sheer & Shine Lipstick in Sparkling Miracle to add a little plum to it.


And voila. Summer ready.


PS - how cute is the tote from essence? "Every makeup bag should be this big" - totally agree. I never seem to have enough room in mine! And I have some exciting news for y'all! You can enter to win your very own mega haul from essence at Target here!

Happy Shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment