Musings of Glitter: Heatless Overnight Curls

Friday, September 15, 2017

Heatless Overnight Curls


Anyone else watch Shark Tank?! It's a guilty pleasure of mine - so many creative people in this world! A few months back, I saw this product on the show and knew I had to try it! The Sleep Styler is a set of marshmallow soft rollers you can sleep in to wake up with gorgeous, no heat waves. I know....a lot of you stopped reading because you've been there, done that. But I have to say that you are wrong!! These are so different than anything you've ever tried. I've definitely used my fair share of rollers at night to avoid having to fix my hair in the morning with absolutely no success. They were always uncomfortable, or gave me awkward, kinky waves. The first time I used these - I put them in damp hair following my shower and slept in them overnight. Now, I'm not going to say they're comfortable. Because sleeping with anything in your hair is just plain uncomfortable. But comparatively, these are 10000% more comfortable than any other rollers I've tried. I was actually able to sleep through the night! But for those of you who aren't so fond of sleeping with something against your head, you can also use them throughout the morning while your hair air dries!


So first thing - you need to brush out each section before you begin. You have to have smooth hair, or your curls won't be smooth.


Then you can start rolling. You may have to play with it for a while. It definitely took me a few tries to get the hang of it. But you just wrap your hair around the roller, then take the velcro strap and wrap it around the hair to hold it in place.




Do this until your entire head is done! I needed almost a full 2 sets of the large rollers for my hair.


Then let it dry! If you're crunched for time, you can always speed up the process with a blow dryer.


After you take the rollers out, you can just finish with some hairspray or whatever products you normally use.



And voila! So easy. And SO much healthier for your hair. 

PS - if you have shorter hair, they have smaller rollers as well!

Check out my set here! And use code SS04 for 20% off your purchase!

xoxo


UPDATE

So I've been playing around with these rollers for a few weeks - and figured out if you wrap your hair on top of each other (so kind of stacked, instead of wrapped all the way down the roller) you get tighter curls. Here are some pictures! I just took the rollers out, added a little tease and some texturizing spray.





No comments:

Post a Comment