Musings of Glitter: How to Style a Bridesmaid Dress

Sunday, March 11, 2018

How to Style a Bridesmaid Dress





Calling all brides and bridesmaids (and really all ladies looking for a formal gown) - I have found the shop for you. As a well seasoned bridesmaid, I know the troubles of dressing the wedding party. Pick out one dress and it's bound to not fit someone just right, or one person hates it....the list goes on. Yet, the newest wedding trend is the "mismatched coordinated" look, in which every bridesmaid chooses their own dress in a specific shade, or within a color palette. I'm a HUGE fan of this trend, because everyone can choose a style that flatters them and is actually something they might wear again in the future. But - there's always some type of drama when you let it be a free for all. Someone's dress doesn't look right with the others or the shades are slightly off and it just doesn't look right. Or even worse - someone orders from some random website and the dress is horrible quality!

This is where Bari Jay comes in. Y'all...I am in LOVE with their dresses. They have so many classic styles, but they also have some edgier/trendy pieces so there's a little bit of everything. I chose this one with a simple top, double side slits and a lace up back in Misty Blue. Still classic bridesmaid - but with a few unique details. 

Bari Jay offers a vast variety of styles so you're sure to find a style for every bridesmaid. The best part is that you can all choose the same color (so you know they'll be exactly the right shade) or you can mix and match, but stay within the same fabrics. It makes the "perfect mismatched bridal party" a snap! 

Now to all my bridesmaids out there - I know...you're buying another dress that you don't think you'll ever wear again. But I'm here today to prove you wrong! There are so many ways you can style a bridesmaid's dress to give it new life after the wedding.





My go-to is obviously a good jacket. I love this leather one. But you could do anything! This is perfect for a night out of the town. Dress it up with jewelry and some heels or dress it down with a pony and some booties.





I also love layering sweaters with my maxi-dresses. My big tip is to look for slightly cropped sweaters. If they're too long, you'll just look frumpy - so the shorter the better. I love pairing pastels together, so I grabbed this lilac one from my closet (similar). Add some fun accessories and you've got the perfect look for date night or a dinner out with the girls!

I'm all about repurposing, so don't let your dresses just sit in your closet! Layers and accessories can change everything. Try these tips out and rock those dresses long after wedding season.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment