Musings of Glitter: 70's Vibes

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

70's Vibes














Channeling some super 70's vibes with this look today. I love the fact that bell bottoms are back in style! Don't get me wrong - I'm all about the skinny jean, but bell bottoms are a fun variation from the norm. Plus, this pair just so happens to be high rise - which is the cherry on top (see ya muffin top). 

Stripes have always been my favorite pattern (closely rivaled by polka dots and plaid), so any chance I have to add more stripes to my closet, I do. This long sleeve striped top from Vintage Willow is made of a super comfy ribbed material and has a cute ruffled back. I'm a true believer that you can never own too many stripes (even if I do have 15 stripe shirts). 

And obviously any 70's look has to be topped off with a head scarf. Every time I go to a thrift store I always look at their head scarves. You can find vintage scarfs for crazy cheap - and just throw them in the wash and they're like new! I also layered 4 different necklaces because when in doubt, add more jewelry. And I HAVE to share my excitement because I finally found a locket with my initials on it! There's a fabulous local shop, Mae's, which carries all the vintage jewelry of your dreams. I've been searching for a locket with my initials engraved on it for forever and they finally found this beauty! It's from the 1920's and I'm absolutely obsessed. Always makes me wonder who wore it before me.

Details on this look are below! Enjoy your weekend loves!

xoxo


Jeans (on sale!)

Locket (obviously mine is one of a kind, but you can call and see if they've got one with your initials available!)

Clutch (similar)




1 comment:

  1. I love how you layered the necklaces, looks great! :)

    XO,
    Kate

    www.k8sbalancingact.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete